So what actually is STEAM Splash?
- We provide multiple challenges based on FIRST challenges.
- Each challenge will be composed of eight structured activity sessions.
- These will be available at low cost, turnkey “in-a-box” kits, or free DIY downloadable instructions.
- They are designed for teams of six to ten students with an adult teacher or counselor.
- Teams earn badges for participation, learning, and achievement.
- Teams showcase progress and achievements.
- Teams connect with high school student mentors (FIRST FRC team members with a passion for science, technology, and outreach).
Skip available courses
In the 2019-2020 challenge, students imagine and create solutions to form healthy cities.
Welcome to the world of FIRST Lego League! Whether you’ve already been with FIRST by participating in Junior FLL, or this being your first robotics experience, FIRST Lego League is an excellent place to be to spark and foster your robotics interests!
So how exactly does FLL work? Every year, your team will be presented with three challenges: Creating a robot, Undertaking a project, and crafting the Core Values of the team. In this tutorial, we’ll only cover creating the robot, but don’t forget the other parts as they are equally integral to FLL. The Project will be a poster or a skit that you present each year to show your thoughts and ideas about the challenge each year. The Core Values are separate challenges each year that gives an opportunity to show your dedication to the ideal values of FLL: Teamwork, cooperation, creativity, and perseverance.
By the end of this course, you will earn 3 Senior Badges!
By the end of this course, you will earn 3 Junior Badges!
After you finished all the activities in this course, you will earn Daisy Robotic Badge 1-3.